Thursday 29 March 2012

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals #1) by J.L. Bryan

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals #1)Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Let’s try it,” he said.

“This is serious,” she said. “You could get hurt. Or die.”

“But if we can touch, that means we can make out, right?” he asked.

“Maybe.”

“You want me to risk my life for maybe?” He grinned.”




I can't begin to describe how much I like love this book ❤❤❤❤❤❤



Jenny Morton has a power, but it's nothing good or to be jealous of. It's a curse. Eighteen year old Jenny has spent her life not knowing what its like to touch someone, have a skin-to-skin contact because her touch is the plague, the 'Jenny Pox', her personal brand of disease and death. She thought she could survive the rest of her life alone, untouched but when she meets Seth, a boy she can touch without killing him, her life is going to be anything but lonely. Even her small Southern town has bigger secrets than Jenny could ever dream of. It's time Jenny comes to term with her powers and face the popular mean girl, Ashleigh, who doesn't seem as human as she looks.



The moment I had first time read about Jenny Pox, I knew this would turn into one of the favorites. I was right. Once I started reading Jenny Pox, I couldn't put it down. Though the story is a paranormal, it is not difficult to see how realistic the story was. Most YA paranormal novels are all unicorn-and-rainbows but Jenny Pox was real, uncensored and nothing short of remarkable.



In the beginning, Jenny even though with her evil powers, is likable and you can't help but respect her for the choices she made to save others. She is truly a rare character and she is no frigid, goody-goody character. She is selfish, she gets drunk, she smokes weed and she doesn't care for abstinence. I could actually see myself chilling with her.



Ashleigh was one bitch of a villain, she was like a paranormal version of Mean Girls. Without her powers, I could almost see her roaming my school hallways.



My favorite chapters were the first one which beautifully introduces us to the sick, twisted reality that is the life of Jenny Morton and the second-last chapter where their history is explained, it was truly ingenious.



Can't wait to get my hand on the next book of this series, Tommy Nightmare. Hats off to J.L. Bryan for such an amazing book.



“Will you keep me safe?” she whispered.

”I promise.”

”Then I’ll go anywhere with you.”




My Rating: ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I've got this book on my shelf but I don't know why I didn't read it yet.
    One thing is for sure, I'll read it soon with your great review that makes this book more appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Team DaeVision

Team DaeVision
Daemon Invasion